NHS 111 (out of hours) 
Once the Surgery is closed you can call NHS 111 when you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency, whatever the time. Calls to NHS 111 are free from landlines and mobiles.

Test Results
You may telephone the surgery for test results Monday to Friday after 11 o'clock.

Cancelling your Appointment
If you are unable to attend an appointment with one of the doctors or nurses, please telephone to cancel your appointment.

By giving us as much notice as you can you are helping us to make sure that someone else is given your slot.

Out of area registration scheme

The out of area registration scheme launched by the government is voluntary and this practice has chosen not to participate at this time. This decision will be reviewed periodically. This means we are not able to register patients living outside our catchment area, regardless of whether they have been registered with us in the past.

Practice Policies

Medical records 

confidential_filePatients may make a request to see their Medical Record should they so wish. A written request would be needed for a copy of the record. 


All staff are trained to work in complete confidence when dealing with your problems, passing messages, prescriptions and so on. At times callers may be asked to identify themselves so that we keep private information private. It is a legal requirement that confidentiality of patient’s records is maintained at the highest level by all staff. 


When being examined by the doctor some patients feel more comfortable with a chaperone. If you wish someone else to be present during the examination please tell the receptionist so that this can be arranged.


If you look after someone with an illness or disability, whether that person is young or old, is a relative, partner, child or friend, lives with you or not, please let us know. We will give you our full support and help you find information.


Please see our Practice Leaflet or Complaints Policy for information how to make a complaint.

Allocation of named accountable GP

Every patient, including children, has been allocated a named accountable GP to co-ordinate their care, but all our GPs work as a team and patients may see any GP of their choice according to availability.

If you wish to know which GP you have been allocated, please ask at our reception desk.

Summary Care Records

A Summary Care Record is an electronic record that shows which medicines you currently take and what allergies or sensitivities to medicines that you might have. This is used when you are treated in an emergency or when your GP practice is shut.

For further information please visit

If you wish to opt out of this scheme please ask for a form at reception.

My Care Record

The people caring for you need access to your health and care record in order to make the best decisions about your diagnosis and treatment. For this to happen more quickly and to improve the care you receive, a new process has been put in place. With your permission, My Care Record will provide health and care professionals directly involved in your care, access to the most up-to-date information about you.


To find out more please go to


If you wish to opt out of this scheme please request a form from our reception desk.

Safeguarding & Protecting Service Users 

We are committed to a best practice which safeguards adults, children and young people, irrespective of their background, and which recognises that a service user may be abused regardless of their age, gender, religious beliefs, racial origin or ethnic identity, culture, class, disability or sexual orientation.

Essex Children's Safeguarding

If you are concerned that a child or young person is being harmed or neglected, or is at risk of this, call: 0845 603 7627

Essex Adults Safeguarding

If you are concerned that a vulnerable adult is being harmed or neglected, or is at risk of this, call: 0845 603 7630

Ask Sal (Safeguarding Adults Line)

If you need advice for an adult whob is being treated badly, taken advantage of or injured, call: 0845 266 6663


If you are worried about a child and need advice and support, call: 0808 800 5000

Age UK Essex

If you need information or advice on anything from health to housing (for adults), call: 01245 346 106

Hate Crime/Prevent

Whether you want to report a crime or anti-social behaviour, or to raise a concern, call:

  • 999 in an emergency
  • 101 for non-emergency
  • Or alternatively, call: 01245 491 491

Disposal of Clinical Waste & Sharps Bins 

Clinical waste (including sharps waste) produced at a domestic property, is considered to be household waste, which is the responsibility of the local authority.

A sharps bin is a specially designed rigid box with a lid that's available on prescription (FP10 prescription form) that can be dispensed, along with medication.

Epping Forest District Council has in place arrangements for the disposal of used sharps bins and other clinical waste and can be contacted on 01992 564 000 for any queries.

Forms are available from the reception desk or can be downloaded below:

Clinical Waste Collection Form

Non-hazardous Waste Collection Form

Once the form has been filled please hand in at the reception desk. The form will then be given to a GP for signature. Please note Market Square Surgery is unable to accept clinical waste (including sharps waste) from patients.

Fees and Charges

Please see the link to our Fees and Charges Leaflet below:

Fees & Charges

Prescribing Policy

Please click here to see our Prescribing Policy

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website